Day at leisure to explore Cape Town known to be one of the most beautiful city in the world!
Take the cable car and ascend the top of Table Mountain (weather permitting). The floor of the cable car rotates through 360 degrees during the ascent and descent, giving passengers a panoramic
view of the city. From the top of the mountain at 1000 meters above sea level, a bordwalk will enable you to get different view point of the city and the Atlantic Ocean.
You can also visit the following sites depending on your area of interests:
- The National Museum of South Africa founded in 1825. This museum houses many diverse collections from fossils dating back millions of years to the clothing worn by our ancestors in the last century. All these collections have a common denominator to highlight the biological and cultural diversity of our planet,
- The Company 's Gardens founded in 1652 by the Dutch pioneers who plan to establish a Cape refueling station on the boat ride to India. Walk in Company 's Garden , which now houses the St Georges Cathedral, National Library, National Gallery, artworks and beautiful gardens,
- The Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, one of the finest botanical gardens in the world, located at the foot of Table Mountain. Founded in 1913 to protect the diversity of South African flora, the garden is unique as only indigenous plants are cultivated. This is a rare opportunity to see the fynbos, endemic plants in the region of the Western Cape. More than 7000 species of plants are grown in Kirstenbosch, including many rare and endangered species,
- The colorful Bo-Kaap district . The museum located in the historic district showcases the culture of immigrants from Malaysia. A visit to the museum and the neighborhood, with its colorful houses, cobbled streets and calls to prayer of the muezzin, can soak up the cultural diversity of Cape Town,
- The African Craft Market of Green Market Square in the middle of the CBD,
- The Castle of Good Hope , one of the oldest buildings in the country, which houses a collection of antiques (furniture , paintings, objects) that tells a lot about the life of Dutch settlers,
- The Victoria & Alfred Waterfront is hosting a craft market, the aquarium " Two Oceans " and many restaurants. It is from this waterfront that boats leave to Robben Island where Mandela was imprisoned for 18 years, as well as to navigate in the beautiful bay of Cape Town.
Other activity suggestions during your stay in Cape Town (please consult us in advance for booking):
- A Township tours ( 1 half-day )
- A culinary tours of the city ( 1 half-day )
- A cycling tours of the city (between 3 hours and 1 day )
- Shark cage diving to encounter the greatwhite (1 day )
- An evening discovering the origins of the Cape Town jazz
- An helicopter flight above the city and the peninsula ( between 12 and 60 minutes)
- An abseil of 112m on the Table Mountain (1 half-day )
- A paragliding experience on the Atlantic coast,
- A sunset cruise on board of a catamaran including sparkling wine.