The Morning Exercise offers an insight into the years of training of the Lipizzaners and their riders. Accompanied by classical Viennese music the riders and their horses do simple relaxing exercises and exercises aimed at refining and perfecting a certain movement. Through the specific strengthening
and building up of the muscles, the horses’ natural movements are developed into the perfect figures of the High School of classical Horsemanship.
The rest of the day at leisure for trying original Sacher cake or visit some museum.
Tip of the day:
- Try original Vienna steak in the restaurant where it was “born".
- Vienna Opera tour: The building of the State Opera, dating from the mid 19th century, is an attraction in itself.
- The Albertina Museum, one of Vienna’s most impressive art galleries houses one of the largest print rooms in the world and covers most works of art from photography through modern graphic and impressionism. If you’re a fan of Monet, Cézanne, Klimt and Picasso then the Albertina is one to visit.
- The Kunsthistorisches Museum (KHM) Vienna was built by Emperor Franz Joseph to house exhibits from five millennia – from ancient Egypt and Greece to the late 18th century, masterpicese by Dürer, Raphael’s "Madonna in the Meadow", Rembrandt, Rubens, Titian, Velázquez and Vermeer.
- See the modern and historic sights of Vienna on a city river cruise along the Danube Canal in the Middle Ages.
- Visit stunning wine region of the AustroHungarian border. Try local wines, admire the beautiful waters of Lake Neusiedl and explore the charming towns of Eisenstadt and Rust. Esterházy Palace in Eisenstadt is one of the most beautiful baroque palaces in Europe and must-see attraction.
Vienna, 3 nights